Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Cheyenne is out of surgery!!!!

Dr. Fick called around 12:30 and said that Cheyenne was out of surgery and that everything went well, she was waking up, and actually eating a little bit of specialty dog food. (Something I am going to have to STRESS to my mom that she will be required to eat special food for some time, possibly forever!!!)

Dr. Fick sounded very enthusiastic. Although she has been super nice, she always had a sound of concern in her voice. When I answered the phone and heard her "enthusiastic" voice, I knew that everything had gone well.

Agda (the sr. student) in charge of Cheyenne has been tremendous! She has called me several times to let me know how Chey was doing and told me that everyone is carrying her around everywhere and spoiling her rotten. She said that they all played with her until 11:00 p.m. last night and Chey was barking and growling and having a good time! That did my heart good!!!! I went to bed last night thinking that my baby girl was sleeping alone in a crate for the first time since she was 2 weeks old. I'm betting that she was pretty tired after all that playing and ready for some sleep. She will go to the door and scratch on the door when she is ready for bed! She's a pretty determined little girl! And of course, she ALWAYS gets her way!!! Rotten thing!

So now we are just waiting for her new plumbing to start working. Two good days of pooping and she will be able to come home!

I am hoping that she gets to come home for the drawing on Friday night! After all, it is ALL ABOUT HER!!!!

Thank you to everyone who has said prayers, sent donations, or just offered your support! It has meant the world to me!!! God Bless You!!!

Donna